The National HIV and AIDS Policy 2020-2030 seeks to place the focus on vulnerable and key populations who are most at risk of being affected. The Government of Trinidad and Tobago renews and reaffirms its continued commitment to all persons living with HIV and those who are vulnerable to becoming infected. This is the first National HIV and AIDS Policy for this country as it forges on to achieve the goal of ending AIDS by 2030.
1. To scale up universal access to comprehensive HIV prevention services, programmes and interventions for all,
2. To increase the proportion of the population and persons living with HIV that know their status,
3. To reduce mother to child transmission,
4. To increase the coverage of HIV, STI and TB testing in general, key, vulnerable populations,
5. To decrease the proportion of the population that engage in risky behaviours and,
6. To increase the use of technology in HIV prevention interventions.